10 Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
Contemporary Saree Trends To Add To Your Wardrobe
Primarily clean and neatly organized hair is the symbol of a corporate woman. It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly. Some of us may have caught ourselves in a seemingly never-ending loop as we tried to get a hold of the pallu while trying to tie a saree for the first time. You can pleat a saree the night before and spread it out to establish the pleats rather than doing it after draping the saree around your body. During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance. Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree!
- You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees.
- But it can keep you from having fun if you don’t pin it right.
- Bring in the glitz and glam of embroidery or embrace your rustic roots by wrapping yourself in a quintessential saree and teaming up with a complimentary cape.
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem. Here are 15 genius saree wearing styles for the short girl.
Learn How to Wear Cotton Saree Perfectly: Step by Step
The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit. Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated.
Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize. The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it! Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look. Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse. You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari What is a casino night fundraiser.
Helene Yellow Flat Chiffon Saree Set
Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look. We all know, draping a saree to look slim is not easy. A drape can change the overall look of your saree attire. When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement. In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim. This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step.
- Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline.
- Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees.
- The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems.
- To get this look, merely pin up one side of the pallu to the blouse and let fall into place.
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders.
From different saree styles wear what suits you best!
Bold patterns and vivid colors do not go very well in an office setup. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look.
Rock this look with a cropped top, a set of colourful bangles, and sneakers. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over. A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree. Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree.
This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape. As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show. Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape.
- Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece.
- This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
- But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
- When it comes to what type of saree suits short girl, we place our bets on small prints.
Also, if you think the pleats make you look fat on the tummy, try keeping the pleats on the side instead of front. Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire. Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree. Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging. Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it.
Saree Draping Styles for a Cocktail Party
For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree. Fibre2fashion.com does not endorse or recommend any article on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
- Always keep a pearl neck-piece and small earrings handy, this combination goes with almost any saree at all without making it look messy.
- Fibre2fashion.com does not endorse or recommend any article on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country.
With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat. This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat.
Kanjeevaram Green Silk Saree
When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece. One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses. There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree. For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
- Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look.
- We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
- That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas.
Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter. Add statement pieces to your look that’ll only make the entire ensemble look longer. Just make sure you don’t add a necklace, ring, earrings, and bangles all at once. If you’re wearing a neckpiece, go lighter on the ears and so on.
Style Tips: 6 saree hacks every woman should know
Use formal handbags, of neutral and single colors without laces and frills. Saree is not professional enough and might draw undue attention.
Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type. Like most regions in India, Bengal too has its traditional way of draping sarees. Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings.
Latest posts on Fashion & Styling
To get this look, team a lehenga or skirt with your favourite silk saree and blouse. This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree. In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you.
When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green. – Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree. When you are going to a wedding or a reception party, wear a designer Mysore silk saree to grab attention.
Latest style of wearing saree- Modern take on the versatile saree!
From discovering what’s in vogue, to insights on the industry, fabulous feature articles, and all the inside scoop, this is your go-to place for all things Bewakoof! Keep yourself updated with all the latest fashion trends. Here is where you need to know which saree to pick for different occasions. Please try again in a short while.If you were trying to place an order, it will not have been processed at this time.
If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree! Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country. However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement. We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match. Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes. Kanchipuram silk sarees, also known as kanjivaram silk sarees, are woven from pure mulberry silk.
The Rise of Cargo Joggers: A Perfect Blend of Comfort and Functionality
Choose a fabric that highlights your curves and suits your body shape. Silks, cotton, and chiffon are materials that are light and flatter all body types. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton.
- Walk tall in this style by adding a pair of stilettos and get all the heads turning.
- You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree.
- The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it!
- Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder.
- He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees.
Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim. Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees. Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs.
Learn How to Wear Butterfly Style Saree: Step by Step
Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades. An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds. Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel. A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny.
- This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
- An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds.
- So, you can also have denim with a saree to make it modern.
- About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself.
Besides clinching the waist and accentuating your silhouette, a kamarband holds the pallu and gives the six-yard stunner a more sensual twist. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above.
South Indian Saree Draping
So opt for smaller prints, as they flow better with the fabric and make you look leaner and taller. When it comes to what type of saree suits short girl, we place our bets on small prints. Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns. Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend.
Sport a boyfriend blazer or a summer jacket at work for a formal or semi-formal look. Keep the accessories and makeup kit handy to look trendy. Shimmy into your favorite saree and layer it with a sheer embellished cape. When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes. Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
The Saree Etiquette for the Corporate Woman
Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically. Your pleats should be firmly in place and should not budge. And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place. Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats.
The fine zari work on exquisite silk makes a kanjivaram silk saree a work of art on a fabric that is treasured by generation after generation. This kanjeevaram saree is rightly not going off the market as it mesmerizing the trend. Bring in the glitz and glam of embroidery or embrace your rustic roots by wrapping yourself in a quintessential saree and teaming up with a complimentary cape. You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape. Walk tall in this style by adding a pair of stilettos and get all the heads turning.
Do Not Go For Half Sarees
Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric. Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward. Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes. Vertical stripes give your frame an illusion of being tall and can help you feign your height.
- Primarily clean and neatly organized hair is the symbol of a corporate woman.
- Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny.
- When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- You could have the traditional formal blazer or the long overcoats or if you wanna get creative you customize an assytemrical design to fit your sarees requirement.
Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses. Lack of accessories and styling ideas to look professional in a saree. Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions. Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled.